BRIGHTSTAR FINANCE & ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATES
THE 52st Accounting Pre-Employment Training (APET) Program
NOW TAKING APPLICATIONS!
Free Trial Class for Full Cycle Hands-on Accounting Pre-Employment Training
Saturday May 26 @ 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Phone: (416) 498-1988, (416) 900-1948
Address: 100 Cowdray Court, Suite 370, Toronto, ON M1S 5C8
(Hwy 401 & Kennedy Rd)
Use the real world cases developed by our accounting firm to gain the skills that employers are looking for! Our training is based on real job postings to give you the experience to get hired fast!
YOU WILL LEARN:
· The legal process of company registration and deregistration
· Work with the most popular accounting and tax software (including advanced Excel skills)
· Make computerized journal, A/R and A/P entries
· Reconcile bank and credit card statements
· Make year-end adjustments, output ledgers and financial statements
· Calculate payroll, process T4s and fill in government remittance forms (HST, PD7A, WSIB, and More)
· Complete personal income tax returns (T1) and corporate tax returns (T2)
GAIN ACCESS TO OUR ADDITIONAL JOB SEARCH SUPPORT FOR FREE:
· Resume Building
· Cover Letter
· Mock Interviews
· Connecting with the Brightstar employer network
· Earn a reference detailing all of the skills you have learned
Over the last six years, Brightstar has helped over 1,300 trainees with developing the skills they need to get hired. The average trainee that completes our program can find a job in accounting and finance within two to three months.
Simulated Office Environment
Real Case Hands-on Practice
• Specific tasks are assigned: A/R, A/P, Bank Reconciliation, Credit Card Reconciliation, GST/HST Filing, Payroll, T1 & T2 Tax Return and more!
• Participate in accounting firm technical skills seminars and understand the business cycle!
• Conduct expertise analysis for complicated cases!
• Learn how to fill in government forms, applications, and more!
Become Proficient in the Most Popular Accounting Software as QuickBooks, Simply Accounting, CaseWare, CanTax, VisualTax, Payroll TOD
Cover Letter, Resume and Interview
• Having difficulties personalizing your Cover Letter? We will help you!
• Do you see your resume as an investment in your future? It should pay dividends to you in the form of a higher yield rate and give a more favourable impression of you!
• Would you like to know how to tailor your resume for the different Accounting and Financial positions? How to present yourself differently in different situations?
• Do you know how to modify your resume to make it show that you are an expert in the accounting field?
• Find out how to convince your future employers that the company will benefit from your performance, and that you have the ability to improve the marketing strategies, increase the productivity, and help obtain more profit! We will build up your confidence and communication skills, and teach you how to act professionally during a job interview as well.
Perfect and Professional References
According to statistics published by job agencies, more than 85% of job offers are made only after a reference check. What kind of references would really help you get the job, and how can you obtain this type of reference? We can help!
Last but not Least…
• If job hunting has made you utterly exhausted, and you want to speed up this process, we can help!
• If you have already passed CGA, CPA, CMA, ACCA exams and hope to be employed in the fields of accounting, investments, insurance, etc., but have not had much luck, we can help!
Brightstar is a team of experienced accounting professionals comprised of CGAs, CMAs and MBAs. We offer full service accounting to a variety of clients. Our services include: company registration, company closing, personal tax returns, corporate tax returns, bookkeeping, payroll, financial analysis, tax planning, and accounting pre-employment training.
【Business Registration and Start-up Support】
Brightstar is available to provide support to all start-up businesses in many ways. We are able to help you with the creation of a business plan and develop an operating budget. We help you with the registering of businesses as a sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation. We will make sure your business gets a business number, HST account, registered for WSIB and any other required registration. Brightstar can also assist with the registering of shareholders or investors.
【Corporate Tax Return】
Brightstar can help your business with all of its tax needs. We can prepare financial statements, provide tax planning for the following years, answer all of your difficult tax questions, and work with your specific company's need to ensure the most favourable tax return possible. We are also experienced with year-end reporting for non-profit organizations.
To ensure that your business's finances are properly maintained every month, we can both conduct or oversee the organizing of financial documents for proper accounting and ensure accurate journal entries (purchases, sales, payable, accounts receivable, inventory, costs, asset depreciation, cost allocation, bank reconciliation, year-end closing, monthly reporting, HST remittance etc.) are done correctly. We can also assist with auditing, government forms and managing correspondence with CRA.
Let Brightstar take the frustration out of payroll. We will conduct or oversee the establishment of employee files, calculating CPP, EI, withholding income tax and reporting the amount of tax. We will also take care of preparation and reporting of EHT, WSIB, end of year reports, T4s. and T4 Summary.
Brightstar will help you with the analysis of financial statements. We will make sure you understand your financial condition and operating results by providing you with an investment analysis report and make sure you understand it.
【Personal Tax Return】
We provide electronic filing for individuals, international students, non-residents, self-employed businesses and any other specific returns. Brightstar will assist you with any of your special needs such as foreign assets, rental house transactions, investments, review previous year's reviews, HST tax subsidies, tax benefits for dependants, energy and housing subsidies, etc.
【Accounting Pre-Employment Training Program】
Brightstar leads the next generation of accountants to gain experience and find meaningful work in the field of accounting and bookkeeping. We train using real case studies to develop real accounting skills and knowledge. Instruction and guidance on the most popular accounting software programs including Simply Accounting, QuickBooks, Visual Tax and advanced Excel is given to build experience with the programs that employers are looking for. Our trainees receive real experience in a real accounting office environment. They learn full cycle bookkeeping to gain a meaningful job in accounting and bookkeeping fast!
Further information about the Accounting Pre-Employment Training Program is available at our website at http://www.bigaccounting.ca/
Take a look at our training program in action with the pictures found at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigaccounting
We welcome all new customers and value our existing clients. Rebates available to clients that refer new business.
First consultation visit is 100% free of charge! Please call 416-498-1988 or 416-900-1948 for more information.
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 5:30 pm or Saturday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tel: 416-498-1988, 416-900-1948
Address: 100 Cowdray Court, Suite 370, Toronto, ON, M1S 5C8 (1 minute south of Sheppard and Kennedy)